These little cookies are one my absolute favorite desserts to make. And, they don’t necessarily have to be a 4th of July themed dessert. It’s easy to add some different colors with kiwi, mango, or any other type of fruit combination, and it changes the whole look of the cookie. But, today, considering it's 4th of July, red white and blue it is! The combination of berries and cream cheese frosting on a sugar cookie is perfection. They’re my go to dessert for pretty much any party I go to. One, because everybody loves them, and two because they're so pretty and fun to make
what you will need
1 batch of sugar cookie dough
1 package cream cheese, (at room temperature)
1 sick of butter (at room temperature)
1 bag of powered Sugar
1 package of strawberries
1 pack of blueberries
1 Pack of blackBerries
(or whatever type of fruit you choose to use)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make cookie dough into a small little balls, Bake for 11 minutes.THAT IS IT!!! They won't look done, but let them sit out for a little and trust me, they will be perfect!
- While the cookies are baking, whip the butter and cream cheese on high for 3 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar a little at a time. Mix well until it's smooth and creamy.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread the frosting over cookies (If you have a pastry bag it's a little bit easier).
- Add Fruit